Saturday, April 5, 2014

World of Many Things (Poem)

This was a poem I wrote after I got in a heated discussion with my dad about various things, like gay rights, negative perceptions of women's strength, and stereotypes of different ethnicities. This was first drafted when I was starting high school. I'm publishing it now to share my feelings with all of you. I've always had a full and loving heart, and as you read you’ll see what I mean.

The World of Many things

It is black, it is white
It is green, it is brown
It is tan, it is red
It is all the colors

Things are happy, things are sad
Things laugh, things heal
Things cry, things bleed
A world of things that feel

Worship spirits, worship gods
Worship flowers, worship trees
Great people worship with love
A world of many beliefs

He is male, she is female
he is girl, she is boy
He is man, she is woman
We are all human

She loves him, he loves her
He loves him, he loves him too
She loves her, she loves her back
We love when love is true

THIS is A world of many things
A world of colors
A world of feelings
A world of beliefs
A world of gender
A world of love

This world is all
Because of all we are
We are full of love
So love fills the world

(A/N): I realize this is slightly cheesy and could possibly piss off some people but if I don’t write these words I feel my heart will explode. If I don't say something then I feel like I'm not doing my part. My point is nothing ever gets accomplished if people only think about how to change the world for the better.
QUOTE: “Speak your mind even if your voice shakes.”  -Unknown

Read and Review fellow homosapiens!

No comments:

Post a Comment