Thursday, May 29, 2014

Exercise Makes You Happy

Hoops DELIVERED to Georgia
(Thank you Parents~)

  • "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. They just don't!" - Elle Woods Legally Blonde 


Recently, I've been feeling a little stressed. Life has been throwing me curve balls and I keep swinging and missing. This causes me to get ridiculously triggered and unreasonably upset... with myself. And that's just "no bueno!" I have to check myself, take a breath and remember to treat myself with love.
This lack of self love I was expressing towards myself radiated out into my other relationships. Ever hear the phrase "ripples create waves". Well, these waves were crashing on the shores of my loved ones. No one wants to unintentionally hurt the one they love.
I took action, and remembering the quirky quote above I grabbed my hoop and enjoyed some...

HOOP LOVE!!

Hooping is my exercise of choice. It's a form of dancing that I use to express my inner emotions. Those emotions that have a hard time being expressed in English, or any language for that matter. I also enjoy biking, hiking, and a gloriously generic walk from here to there. However, there is something to be said about dancing your emotions out, and when you add a flow toy it takes things to a whole new level.
I danced ALL THE TIME growing up. As I got older I became self conscious of my crazy expressive dancing. I didn't want to keep myself from expressing all those emotions, and, in truth performing set my soul on fire. It made me happy to dance.
SO, I picked up a hoop. The hoop became my skill, it became an asset, it became my shield. Now I felt safe, and confident enough to perform.
Hoop dance is a form of Exercise.
Exercise makes me happy.
I believe my self expression through hoop dance makes others happy. 
And happy people are bound to get along.
May all beings find true peace, and true happiness.
Stay Healthy, Stay Light, and Don't Gve up the fight.
Breezy out~
I made a short video when I was hooping to let some stress out. http://youtu.be/UjUu_0fOoSo

No comments:

Post a Comment